Buddy Advisors for Service
Our Buddy Advisors for Service can assist with all levels of service, but their expertise goes beyond regular maintenance. Each of these advisors have a team of trained technicians assigned to them to work on your vehicle. For regular maintenance, please see our Express Maintenance team.
Service Advisors in our Main Facility
Automotive service advisors greet customers, listen to their description of the problems or service needed, determine the type of service required and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work. They also advise customers on other available services.
- The Service Advisor will work with customer and technician to identify required maintenance utilizing historical service data
- Review results of customer satisfaction surveys with Service Manager
- Establish long-term positive relationships with customers
- Meet the dealership’s standards for repair/order production
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures and prepare work order for needed repairs.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
- Writes a brief description of the customer’s concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Schedules service appointments.
- Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the problem or refer to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes “promised time.” Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Implements and maintains a service marketing program.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
- Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, informs customer if work is needed and provides an estimate for body work.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Experience as a Service Advisor is required
• Prior dealership experience is required
• Valid in-state driver’s license
• Professional personal appearance
• Excellent communication skills
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
*All potential employees must pass pre-employment testing including a background check and drug screen
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision, Life, Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
Apply online at http://www.toyotaofsantafe.com/careers/ or see Paul Sandoval, Parts and Service Director at Toyota of Santa Fe.
For More information call: 505-992-1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org